Skamokawa Campout for CCE Members and Friends—GET READY FOR THE RIVER!
We will once more be at beautiful Vista County Park on the shores of Skamokawa.
Here are the costs we have come up with based on the various facilities we are renting:
- Tents–$50 for the weekend (per group in your tent—not per person)
- Campers/RV’s $65 for the weekend (per group in your trailer—not per person.)
- Tipi Ladies’ Dorm $30-35 for the weekend. There may be just one bed left.
- Off-site Attendees (private hook-ups, those in hotel in Cathlamet or other Airbnb’s in area) $15-20 per person for the weekend. (This donation covers grange rental, gazebo rental, teatime and paella.)
Please do not send CCE any money yet—we can do all that at campsite,
The above prices are for Dry Camping—that means NO private water faucet at your our group tent/trailer sites, but water and electricity available at the shared gazebo, and showers/toilets nearby. If you want your own hookup, please contact the park directly here, and make your own arrangements. In that case, you will NOT pay CCE for camping facilities, but just give a donation (10-20 depending on number of people in your party
What does this price include?
- Well, this year, we have use of the Pagoda/Pavillion/Gazebo, (the staff at the campground charmingly refer to it as “Pagoda”) so you get cooking and partying privileges there (that’s the really fun-looking covered area we coveted last year. Pagoda has electric outlets and cooking counters, and a big fire-pit.)
- Friday Afternoon Teatime
- Friday Night Dinner & Session at Duffy’s Irish Pub (dinner not included in cost)
- Seafood Paella, salad, and bread Saturday lunch/mid-day meal (opt out with $5.00 refund).
- Saturday night potluck (bring a dish to share) and free admission to dance at the Grange.
- The Band Scramble will be back by popular demand (fate decides our band-mates at Saturday morning breakfast), and we will entertain each other in the grange before the potluck dinner hour, and then follow things up with a Ceili in the Grange.
During the day and evening, there are sessions galore, and we will have some special guests for song and dance opportunities, as well. We are hoping to have Mary Lowes’ fabulous Irish Trivia Contest again, as well as Maldon Meehan’s Half-door Dance-off . (Start practicing!)
Also, you can rent a kayak or canoe nearby, hike, pick blackberries, frolic with the deer, and watch ships pass in the night. It can get windy when the tide changes, so plan accordingly!
RSVP to email@example.com